Using Essential Oils when you are pregnant, have many beneficial effects. The oils can help to relieve some of the symptoms that women experience whilst they are pregnant. They can help relieve aches and pains, boost immunity and on a subtle level, the vibrations of the oils help to work as an adaptogen. It is important to be aware of how to use them safely, for the wellbeing of yourself and your baby for the duration of your pregnancy.
Ways to use essential oils:-
- Massage: Blending Essential oils with Carrier Oils – 6 drops of essential oil blended with 30mls of carrier oil
- Burner- 3 drops of essential oil and add water
- Diffuser- 3 drops of essential oils
- Bath-run water first then drop 3 drops of essential oil into water
- Compress hot or cold – 2 drops of essential oil in compress
- Hand soak or Footbath- 2 drops of essential oil
- Steam Inhalation 5 drops of essential oil then add hot water and cover head with towel. Keep eyes closed
- Blends of Oils/lotions/candles/Soaps/Salts-depends of recipe and use
- Be aware of any contra indications before using essential oils.
- Avoid using essential oils if you are trying to conceive or under 20 weeks pregnant.
- If in doubt, please get in touch with a qualified aromatherapist.
- If you have any sensitivities or reactions when using essential oils, rinse effected area with cold water and seek medical help if need be.
- Avoid using essential oils orally or internally.
- Essential Oils are flammable.
- Keep out of reach of children.